Why Join the RSE Team
Here at Rail Surveyors and Engineers, Inc., we value professionalism and teamwork and we encourage employee developmentand a healthy work-life balance. RSE offers a friendly, casual work environment with career growth; excellent compensation; a comprehensive and competitive benefits package; and the opportunity to work on exciting rail/transit projects.
RSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and all hiring decisions are made based on merit.
Current Job Opening
Position Title: Director of Engineering (Belmont, CA)
Rail Surveyors & Engineers Inc. a multi-disciplinary firm providing professional services mainly to rail transit clients, has an
immediate opening in our Belmont, California location for Director of Engineering. We offer a competitive salary,
comprehensive benefits and professional work environment. Qualify individuals are invited to apply, please include a cover
letter, resume, and daytime phone number. Only candidates that meet the job requirements will be considered.
Candidate must be able to perform the following duties with respect to major rail infrastructure and facility projects, including
underground intercity transit, light rail, commuter rail, and high speed rail projects.
- Primary Duties:
- Manage the design, engineering, and construction of all major rail infrastructure and facility projects as described above
- Manage the deliverables of major engineering disciplines, including but not limited to civil engineering, mechanical
engineering, electrical engineering, and material engineering;
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications;
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other topographical or geologic data;
- Oversee the quality assurance and quality control process of the engineering design to ensure that all elements are delivered within scope, quality standards, budget, and schedule;
- Direct engineering activities compliance with environmental, safety, or other governmental regulations;
- Supervise, manage, and direct the engineering design team through coordination with the team members;
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards;
- Represent client/project owners in major project development, as well as attending project meetings on behalf of the team or client as needed;
- Prepare or present public reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions;
- Establish project procedures and design guidelines to comply with federal and state regulations and with internal company policies;
- Develop and employ new engineering technology to streamline the design process and increase productivity;
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, or program modifications or structural repairs;
- Develop new business by engaging new clients and expanding service areas and assist in the acquisition of new project opportunities for the company.
- Job Requirements:
- M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in project delivery and management, as well as at least 5 years of personnel management and supervision experience. Of the 15 years of experience required, candidate must have: (1) 10 years of experience working in underground intercity transit, light rail, and commuter rail; (2) 5 years of experience working in high speed rail; and (3) completed at least 3 projects over $100 million USD during those 15 years;
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer in the state of California, and must have a current Professional Engineer license.
- Supervisory experience in engineering 3-D modeling and rail operations simulation.
- In-depth knowledge of design process and construction methods for major rail infrastructure projects including but not
limited to trackway, bridges, and tunnels.
- Knowledge of the latest technology in railroad train control and signaling systems.
- Knowledge of FRA and CPUC safety requirements and regulations.
- Ability to address an audience effectively, as well as present comprehensive reports and prepare correspondence.
If you’re interested in joining us, please email your cover letter, resume and daytime phone number to
firstname.lastname@example.org – SUBJECT: HR – Director of Engineering, or
mail cover letter and resume to Rail Surveyors and Engineers, Inc., 1075 Old County Rd., Ste D., Belmont, CA 94002
NO CALLS PLEASE. NO RECRUITERS.